The small and lightweight Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 G lens works on all Nikon DX DSLRs, with automatic or manual focus, and its results impress every time.
As a 35mm fixed lens, it has a viewing angle of 43° 50' in DX body. It is an ideal lens for portraits as it is distinguished for its acidity and depth of field control, but also in low-light shots it is distinguished by the amount of light it can "sharpen".
The Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 G is compatible with all DX bodies and provides autofocus function to machines that do not have a built-in focus mechanism, e.g. in the D3xxx series (D3000, D3100, D3200) and in the D5xxx series (D5000, D5100, D5200), and the F3.
Nearly as versatile as a prime lens can be, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G from Nikon is a 52.5mm-equivalent lens for DX-format cameras, and is characterized by its sleek form factor, normal field of view, and bright f/1.8 maximum aperture. The fast design of the lens suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables improved control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element, which helps to control distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce notable sharpness and clarity. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to individual elements and controls lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in bright and backlit conditions. Complementing the optics is a Silent Wave Motor, which enables fast, near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video recording.
- Normal-length prime lens is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras and provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A rear focusing design is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Nikon Nikkor AF-S 35mm DX f/1.8 G Lens
- Front lens cover with 52mm LC-52 clasp
- rear lens cover LF-1
- Parasoleig HB-46
- Case CL-0913
- Official Manufacturer's Warranty
|Focal Length||35mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 52.5mm)|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||44°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.81" / 30 cm|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||52 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.76 x 2.07" / 70 x 52.5 mm|
|Weight||7.05 oz / 200 g|
|Package Weight||0.955 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.65 x 4.45 x 4.45"|