Shoot at staggering distances with the 125x optical zoom COOLPIX P1000 Digital Camera from Nikon. This camera, which has a 16MP backside illuminated CMOS sensor, features a built-in NIKKOR lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 24-3000mm. You can zoom even further with 250x Dynamic Fine digital zoom, which will give you an equivalent focal length of 6000mm. Coupled with these extreme focal lengths is Nikon's Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction, which provides 5 stops of optical image stabilization and ensures your telephoto shots are crisp.
Gracing the back of the camera are a 3.2" vari-angle, 921k-dot LCD monitor and an eye-level 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder, so your subjects will always be easy to see. The camera is also capable of recording 4K UHD video at 30 or 25 fps and supports an external microphone via a 3.5mm connector.
Camera shake may be a concern while shooting at extreme focal lengths on a tripod. Or, you may need to otherwise remotely operate the P1000. The optional ML-L7 remote satisfies these needs with wireless operation off the camera's zoom, shutter, and other settings. Once you're done with a shoot, immediately access your photos on a paired smartphone via the Nikon SnapBridge app and the camera's built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
16MP BSI CMOS Image Sensor
The backside-illuminated sensor with 16 million effective pixels can output detailed images at sensitivities between ISO 100 and 6400. It can also create 4K UHD movies at 30 or 25 fps.
125x Optical Zoom with Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction
An absurd 24-3000mm (35mm equivalent) focal range means few, if any, objects are out of the reach of your lens. Zoom is further enhanced by Dynamic Fine digital zoom, which makes the maximum focal length a ridiculous 6000mm. Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction provides 5 stops of optical image stabilization so your handheld shots are crisp.
Dual Viewing Systems
The P1000 features a bright vari-angle 3.2" LCD display that makes composing and reviewing images and movies a breeze. Also available is the 0.39", 2.36 million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for a more traditional shooting style.
Control Ring and Snapback Button
A control ring at the front of the device can be used for a variety of functions, like adjusting focus, exposure, white balance, and ISO, all from the lens barrel. Also on the barrel is a zoom toggle and a dedicated Snapback button that will make your P1000 quickly zoom out in case you lose sight of your subject at long focal lengths. Releasing the button will return the focal length to its previous position.
Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Nikon's SnapBridge technology allows for seamless photo sharing directly from your camera to a paired smartphone device.
The P1000 features a slew of shooting modes that adjust settings for different scenarios like sunsets, fireworks, and portraits. The popular Moon Mode is great for shooting Earth's closest neighbour and the new Bird Mode optimizes the camera for capturing the often bright and colorful creatures.
Optional ML-L7 Remote
The ML-L7 remote (not included) can wirelessly adjust a variety of setting such as ISO, zoom, and aperture, in addition to triggering the shutter of the P1000. This lets you maintain precise composition while shooting from a tripod.
The EN-EL20a battery is rated for 250 shots per charge. Recharging takes only approximately 3 hours.
- Nikon COOLPIX P1000
- AN-DC3 Strap
- Lens cap LC-77
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery EN-EL20a
- EH-73P Battery Charging Transformer
- USB UC-E21 cable
- Lens Hood HB-CP1
- Official Manufacturer's Warranty
Common Camera & Lens Features
- Pixels Actual: 16.8 Megapixel
- Effective: 16 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution 4608 x 3456
- Aspect Ratio 4:3
- Sensor Type CMOS
- Sensor Size 1/2.3"
- Image File Format JPEG, RAW
- Image Stabilization Optical
- Focal Length 4.5 to 539mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 3000mm)
- Optical Zoom 125x
- Digital Zoom 4x Maximum (500x Combined Zoom)
- 2x Optimized (250x Combined Zoom)
- Maximum Aperture f/2.8 to 8
- Focus Range 1' to Infinity / 30.48 cm to Infinity (Wide)
- 23' to Infinity / 7.01 m to Infinity (Telephoto)
- Optical Design 17 Elements in 12 Groups
- Filter Size 77 mm
- ISO Sensitivity 100 to 6400
- Shutter Speed 1/4000 to 30 Seconds in Manual Mode
- 1/4000 to 1 Second in Auto Mode
- Metering Method Center-Weighted Average, Matrix, Spot
- Exposure Modes Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation -2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- White Balance Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual
- Continuous Shooting Up to 7 fps at 16 MP for up to 7 Exposures (JPEG)
- Interval Recording Yes
- Self-Timer 3/10-Second Delay
- Special Options Beach, Fireworks, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Panorama, Party/Indoor, Portrait, Snow, Sports, Sunset
- Recording Modes MP4/H.264/MPEG-4
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25p/29.97p
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
- HD (1280 x 720) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
- Recording Limit Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding NTSC/PAL
- Audio Recording Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- External Microphone Input
- Audio File Format AAC
Viewfinder and Monitor
- Viewfinder Type Electronic
- Viewfinder Resolution 2,359,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Coverage 100%
- Diopter Adjustment -3 to +3
- Monitor Size 3.2"
- Monitor Resolution 921,000 Dot
- Monitor Type Articulating LCD
- Built-In Flash Yes
- Flash Modes Auto
- Effective Flash Range ISO Auto
- 1.0 to 39.37' / 0.3 to 12 m (Wide)
- 16.4 to 26.2' / 5 to 8 m (Telephoto)
- External Flash Connection Hot Shoe
- Memory Card Slot 1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Connectivity 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Wireless Wi-Fi
- GPS None
- Battery 1 x EN-EL20a Rechargeable Lithium-Ion (Approx. 250 Shots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 5.8 x 4.7 x 7.1" / 146.3 x 118.8 x 181.3 mm (Excluding Protrusions)
- Weight 3.11 lb / 1415 g (Body with Battery and Memory)